Friday, August 21, 2009

The Rest Is Still Unwritten

So if any of you were up today at 7-9 AM and happened to be watching NBC, you probs saw us LIVE on television. I was fortunate enough to win free tickets to see Natasha Bedingfield on the Today show and the only REAL catch of these summer concert series shows is that you're expected to beat the sun and get there SUPER early. So at 5:20 this morning, we were actually awake and heading to the show. The sun literally was not out yet. After I made a TOTAL fool of myself trying to get into the actual concert area, we made our way to a little caged section. In front of all the plebeian folk, obvs.

Now I expected it to be full of little kiddies that I could EASILY see over but there were a surprising amount of grown, adult MEN and women there. This giant bean pole of a boy totally obstructed my view but we luckily pushed through and made it to another caged area. I was literally INCHES away from Natash (nickname basis now) as she hugged and photographed the boy next to me that literally started to cry/shake when he saw her. I pretty much had every inch of my personal bubble invaded by this obnoxious tween jerk next to me. She was leaning over me to get pictures of the HOSTS and Morgan had to literally remind her that I was a human that she was nearly knocking over. Morgan's always got my back. Natash was great live and we got solid camera time that was confirmed by Kelsey's dad. We got sweet swag as well so all in all it was a great trip. If you are willing to wake up at 5ish, stand for 3 hours straight and beat off tween jerks, it's totally worth it. If you're shorter than I am, I'd recommend watching from home though. It's a fun feeling getting on the subway at 9 to see the work go-ers knowing you ALREADY had SUCH a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment