Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh Hey

So we’ve officially been slacking on this blog. This is partially because we’ve been having very productive, social weeks and partially because I now refuse to bring my laptop home from work. And on the rare occasions I crack and bring it home, our shoddy internet really ruins lives.

A few weeks ago we took a little field trip down to Philadelphia to visit some of our dearest friends. We felt like we were in Europe while there. It felt like being in Brussels actually because we spent most of our time wandering around aimlessly yet we managed to see all the sights that Morgan 2.0 recommended. Morgan 2.0 was the best. I got to spend quality time with Jose which was nice. (That is your shoutout and all I have to say about you.) We also got to see our friend in his improv show which as baller status.

As Morgan mentioned, we went to CRAFTERNOON last weekend. Wonderful. Just Wonderful. I understand crafting is supposed to be relaxing and joyful but it sometimes just gives me mass anxiety. This was probably amplified by the fact that I woke up Saturday morning (morning of Crafternoon) to be informed that they would only allow 90 people and the doors open at 1:45. It was already 12. We rallied to actually get up, get ready, stop for coffee to cure the alcohol headaches and then took an AWFULLY smelly subway up to the New York Public Library. We frantically walked around, asked for help and finally we found the Martha Stewart sign on the second floor. And three people in line. We ended up having to sit at a table with this old chatterbox that was crafting some very interesting pieces. She wouldn’t cut any of her own designs; instead she’d ask to use our ‘trash’. She MEANT scraps, but at first I didn’t understand and started shoving my candy wrappers toward her. We also only had two hours so I also felt rushed due to time constraints. But all in all, it was an entertainingly fantastic way to spend our Saturday afternoon.

I also want to publically shame Morgan now for throwing me under the bus (MULTIPLE times in one night-but I’ll focus on what matters). Let me paint you a picture. We were out last Wednesday at Pianos and I was trying to be a good person and inform some new friends about CYCLONE Yasi. (Which I accidently kept calling Yani because I just wasn’t able to think of the proper name at the time. This already had people making fun of me.) No one believed Yani was happening/as big of a deal as I was making it but I wasn’t able to drop it. Someone jokingly says, “Maybe you should blog about it.” I fess up and admit that I do, indeed, have a blog. Everyone laughs AT me. Not with me, team. And guess who just laughed along with them? You guessed it.

1 comment:

  1. that was rude. but i enjoyed it. thanks. (that thanks sounds sarcastic but its not)

    ReplyDelete